With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
How do I get started?
If this is your first time using Scratch (or you just need a refresher), then I would suggest trying any of the tutorials listed below. They are a great way to learn some of the basics of Scratch.
1) Try intro, take a look at starter projects and watch the video tutorial.
2) Take a look at project ideas (Make sure you can relate your project to school)
3) Write your SMART Goal
4) Make a scratch account with your first name123 and four letter four number password
5) First time using scratch? You must follow along and complete these two practice tutorials before creating your project.
6) If you've used Scratch before watch a few tutorials before you get creating
7) Start creating your design
8) Design your final presentation to show all of your hard work
Scratch is a wonderful computer programming tool. You could do a lot of different creative projects however make sure you can connect it to the real world or school. Click the link below to see different types of animation, games, music, storytelling, and art.
Stop and Think Before Creating Your SMART Goal-
Scratch is a more difficult challenge than you may think. If this is your first time working in Scratch, it is easy to over-estimate what you can accomplish in a two week period. Make sure to spend an adequate amount of time brainstorming what you'd like to create. Below is an example of someone who is planning and thinking about creating a flappy bird game.
Flappy Bird Brainstorming
How do I make Flappy Bird move up and then fall back down after pressing the button on the keyboard/mouse? That looks like gravity.
It looks like Flappy Bird isn't really moving on the screen, but instead the pipes are moving. How can I get them to move across the screen? Also, it looks like they end up in different positions each time, too!
How will the game know that I've scored a point when I go through the pipe without getting hit?