Part 2: Collect Information
TASK: Use the Internet to research an important innovator.
GOAL: Learn to find, organize, and present information from the Internet.
Use search engines to start looking for web sites about your topic.
•Locate facts about your topic.
•Copy and paste those facts into your Google Doc.
•Share the document with Ms. Meredith when you think you have collected enough information.
•Altogether, you should gather at least 30 biographical facts
•Use at least 5 different web sites to find your facts.
YOUR FACTS SHOULD:
• be short and contain one idea
• be written as a complete sentence
• include an age or date when possible
YOUR FACTS SHOULD NOT INCLUDE:
• other people’s opinions
• unnecessary adjectives (those are someone else’s ideas)
• unfamiliar words (look them up or don’t use them)
Watch the screen cast at the bottom of this page to see how to do it.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1) Click and view the Innovator Template.
2) That will open a template where you will collect information.
3) Choose File > Make a copy...
4) Name it with your topic’s name.
5) Click the Share button in the upper right corner.
Watch the screen cast at the bottom of this page.